Smoking and shisha areas in Dubai have now been allowed to resume operations since July 18, subject to precautionary measures
Dubai Municipality (DM) recently announced the safety measures that the said businesses need to observe in order for them to be allowed to reopen.
Among these measures include the following:
– All health and safety guidelines and standards must be followed followed in staff accommodation and transport facilities in line with DM Health and Safety Guidelines
– Staff should wear masks at all times
– They must conduct frequent cleaning and disinfection in highly touched surfaces and common areas at least once every hour and each time they are used. These include handrails, slides, tubes, lockers, counters, and toilets.
– If anyone of the staff was confirmed positive for coronavirus disease (COVID-19) according to a PCR test by an accredited test facility, they are not to return unless they are granted a medical certificate endorsed by Dubai Health Authority (DHA), stating that they are discharged from isolation.
– Shisha staff must adhere to a strict hand washing routine before and after service
– All staff and guests/visitors/trainers must go through temperature screening before entering the facility. Anyone with temperature more than 37.5 degrees Celsius won’t be allowed to enter the facility
– If any of the visitors or staff present COVID-19 symptoms such as fever, cough, myalgia, or fatigue, shortness of breath, sore throat, runny nose, diarrhea and nausea, headache, or loss of smell or taste, the facility’s designated health officer should contact DHA at 800342